Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

Can a bus driver refuse you?

I haven’t seen my boyfriend in ages and I’m 16. He doesn’t live in walking distance sooo I would have to catch public transport and I’m going to have to sneak out to see him but would a bus driver refuse you or know that if sneaking out?

• dman63

Why would that be any of the driver’s business? And why would he even care?  Again, it’s not his concern.

You are 16 and extremely young and silly for your age.  What's wrong with this wonderful boyfriend using his feet to get to a bus stop and coming over to see you?  WHY does it have to be YOU who does all the sneaking out and spending money on busfares to get to see him?  Is this HIS suggestion?  If it is, then he's a miser.  He doesn't like you enough to spend his pocket money on you.  Sneaking out to see strange, miserly boys is NOT a good idea.  What happens if you get into trouble or have an accident during this sneaking episode?  Your parents are going to assume you are safely tucked up in your bedroom and the first they'll know about it is when a policeman comes to the door to say you are lying in a hospital bed.  Would you do THAT to them?  Are they such horrible parents that you don't care about them?  This boy isn't worth it.

It is not his job to refuse you. He may however, refuse you if you are not wearing MASK. Depends on the lockdown rules in your area.

• Bandz

What? How would a bus driver know whether you’re sneaking out? Even if he did, do you think he would care? And a bus driver refusing you on sight is probably illegal unless you seem to present a threat.

• Kaylee

No, but you should consider telling your parent before so they don’t end up worried about you and sending amber alerts.