Alztheimers advice?

Hello, A women I care for every now and then is 99 years old and has had alztheimers for quite awhile. She doesn't understand you or able to have conversations anymore and she cannot hear either. 

Recently she has been agitated and talking to herself and people who aren't there. These people are accusing her of things and it gets her upset. The medical part is being handled but I was wondering what would be some good distractions that she could understand to do? 

Coloring, Hands on toys and such. What do you suggest. 

I saw an amazing documentary on the almost miraculous effect music....music that she would have enjoyed back in the day, has on patients with Alzheimers.   Try headphones, music memory is apparently stored in a different part of the brain than is effected by that terrible disease.  Patients who could barely talk, didn't know their name, suddenly started talking coherently about specific memories the music triggered.  I wish I could remember the name of that documentary, regardless, it could be fun to try.

• Loonasee
      1 month agoReport

Is she completely deaf?  She may be able to hear/feel the rhythm.  So sorry, that's so sad for her.

Better to try Google searching for information.

Laser Like A Cat ..