Exactly HOW is faith "evidence of things not seen"?

42 Answers

Relevance
  • yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The Faith is in Jesus and in his character, trusting that what he says things will be when all is said and done, will be, even though it is not now.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Faith is not evidence. Faith is absolute belief as a result of observed evidence.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Acetek
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Simple.  You have never seen god.  You will never see god.  God does not exist so all you have is faith.

"Faith is the acceptance of the truth of a statement in spite of insufficient evidence...Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits. It is intellectual bankruptcy."

--Dan Barker former Evangelical minister

• It's not. Faith in anything is not evidence for the existence of said thing. 

Let's change to non religion for an example.

Flat earthers have GREAT FAITH in the idea that the earth is not round. But their faith in it doesn't make it flat. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Faith

Definition: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” (Heb. 11:1) True faith is not credulity, that is, a readiness to believe something without sound evidence or just because a person wants it to be so. Genuine faith requires basic or fundamental knowledge, acquaintance with evidence, as well as heartfelt appreciation of what that evidence indicates. Thus, although it is impossible to have real faith without accurate knowledge, the Bible says that it is “with the heart” that one exercises faith.—Rom. 10:10.

There are many things in life which are "not seen" that require our faith. 

For instance: The existence of air; the Earth revolving around the sun even though it looks like the other way around, etc... But the evidence helps us to have faith in the unseen. 

Why do many people not have faith?

How can a person acquire faith?

Are works really necessary if a person has faith?

Find the answers here: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989227

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'll give you a biblical answer. Try and keep up please.

1. God is reality. Time will prove that to every soul. Now nail that down. Thats absolute truth, and facts dont care about contrary beliefs. The truth is still the truth even if the whole world denies it.

Isaiah 45:23 KJV — I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess to God.

GOD IS REALITY. THATS GODS WORD.

2. Now then, our faith in Gods word evidences that truth, maybe not to you or another, but to ourselves and God.

The message then is that our faith in Gods word leads us into full assurance of God. Its the proof/evidence that holds us over until we come into full assurance of our salvation.

We cannot and do not expect unbelievers to understand all scripture. Its totally foreign to them, like speaking in an unknown language. If they truly understood scripture, then they'd also be believers. To know and understand Gods word is to know and understand God. He IS his word.

Dont need BA and useless Yahoo points. I have accunulated nearly a million so far. My points are with God, and teaching his word is my passion and its own reward.

Thanks for a good question. If it doesnt help you then perhaps someone else.

• 1 month ago

Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.  If you had a good reason, then you would never need to make an appeal to faith.

• 1 month ago

Paul's letters are garbage.

• ...Show all comments
    • keyjona
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

GENTILES originally spring from two sub-tribes of Japeth, Noah's oldest son. When Jesus say gentiles he is referring to those who had rule over the Israelites at that time; which were the Romans and Greeks.

• 1 month ago

Faith is not evidence of anything nor is it  a pathway to the truth. Faith is for the gullible, it is belief without evidence. If followers of all religions have faith in their gods and their religions then faith itself is meaningless.

• 1 month ago

It is a good question. I have never understood that verse.

• Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That verse is Hebrews 1:1 and Malcom's answer shows he understands what it means.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.