Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Can my dog and cat have babies?

My dog is a chiwawa (girl) and I have a calico cat (boy). My dog is a girl and pregnant and I think it was my cat. What will it give birth to?

• Webbo

No that's not physically possible.

• Robert

A Cat-dog......

Dogs and cats cant interbreed.

Male calico cats are often infertile.

And the dog breed is spelled chihuahua

Cats and dogs are too distantly related to be able to interbreed.

Dog DNA and cat DNA are not alike enough to produce offspring.  Otherwise the world would have lots of 'dats' or 'cogs'

I am guessing that time when your doggie got loose for an hour and you could not find her....... that is probably when it was breed and became pregnant.  Or when you ran out for beer and left your dog with that creepy blind date.  

That said - if you don't want your dog to be a single parent - of course you can keep blaming the cat.  I would encourage it, actually.  That way your cat can be a strong supportive father to the puppies and they can grow up in a normal big happy family.  Or at least the cat can pay child support.  Since most cats do not believe in DNA testing to determine who the father really is... at the very least your chiwawa will get child support of the deal.

If you can train the pups to use the litterbox - that should convince the cat he's the dad.

No, they are imcompatable.