Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Why do some men need time for marriage?

My BF was the one who started the marriage talk for this year but now he says he's not in rush until next year. He says it does not mean to break up, but to give more time. He doesn't think anything will become bad in future though.

Favorite Answer

Men don't need time for marriage, they either need time to feel like they have control over their own life and finances to be able to look after and protect the woman who will be their wife, or they are just not into you that much. No man needs time.

Men and Women need time for marriage. No one wants to rush into Marriage. Here is a very helpful resource:

Luke 14:28- For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it?

This verse is highlighting the importance for boyfriend and girlfriend to see if they are compatible to be marriage partners. But, many misuse this time and the other person. It's a proven fact that within a certain time frame, both partners know whether or not they want to get married, yet they choose to continuing dating, possibly because they don't want to be alone or they don't think they'll ever find that Perfect person. True Love will reveal itself. If you and your boyfriend have True Love, nothing will prevent you two from getting married. But if you two don't have True Love, anything will prevent you two from getting married. I suggest you sit down with him and have a heart to heart, see if you guys are on the same page. Does he need more time to "Think" about marrying you, or does he need more time to plan a marriage proposal/wedding. Honesty is the best thing so be honest with each other and figure this thing out. God intended Marriage to last Forever, so don't take this matter lightly.

I can't answer this.  I knew in three months what I really wanted.  I had to wait for a while.  I had to give her time to choose if I was what she wanted in her future.  But in one sense our marriage started well before the wedding.  We were planning a life together before we formalized it.

We're not here to talk about 'some men', because all men are different. If you want to know why your BF in specific isn't ready for marriage yet, you would need to ask him, not us.

You're considering marrying someone you can't or won't communicate with?   That's odd.

You sound like our resident "Why" troll.

The next time he says, "I need more time", perhaps you should ask him some more questions about what he means.   Time for what?  How much time?  What criteria need to be met before he will be ready?