Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for not wanting to disclose certain personal info to a friend?

My friend keeps asking personal information that I don't want to disclose. She asked for photos and I feel she is manipulative. 

Isn't it fair for me to not want to disclose certain info? She seems like a toxic person. And is trying to compete with me. She wrote 'fine if you don't want to be open with each other'. 

I had given her lots of my info. She would ask me nonstop for photos of people I date 

And ask what app I'm using and she got angry when I told her i don't want to tell her. 

Am I wrong for not wanting to share photos?

I don't want to disclose it for privacy reasons. And I also dont want manipulative or jealous friends who copy me and get competitive. She has date apps and I don't pressure her for personal information. Am I really wrong here? 

Many of my friends got all jelaous of me and COMPETE WITH ME. She asked me nonstop to show photos when i repeatedly said no. and she's STILL doing it. Just because i said i talked to a few new guys, she downloaded 3 date apps to compete with me.

it's FAIR for everyone to keep some details private. I had given her very personal info, even my address. When i ask her, for her information, she can deny telling me, but its not ok if i do it.

• Foofa

You shouldn't be "friends" with someone you don't trust. Period. 

I'm wondering why you think of this person as a "friend" at all.

Just be sure you're not being over-secretive for no good reason.

i dont think so, just tell her you want to keep it private

No, but maybe you should distance yourself from her if you think she is toxic and manipulative.

• .

The better question is why you're still friends with someone who you describe as "manipulative and toxic?"   You need to find new friends.