Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for not wanting to disclose certain personal info to a friend?

My friend keeps asking personal information that I don't want to disclose. She asked for photos and I feel she is manipulative. 

Isn't it fair for me to not want to disclose certain info? She seems like a toxic person. And is trying to compete with me. She wrote 'fine if you don't want to be open with each other'. 

I had given her lots of my info. She would ask me nonstop for photos of people I date 

And ask what app I'm using and she got angry when I told her i don't want to tell her. 

Am I wrong for not wanting to share photos?

Update:

I don't want to disclose it for privacy reasons. And I also dont want manipulative or jealous friends who copy me and get competitive. She has date apps and I don't pressure her for personal information. Am I really wrong here? 

Update 2:

Many of my friends got all jelaous of me and COMPETE WITH ME. She asked me nonstop to show photos when i repeatedly said no. and she's STILL doing it. Just because i said i talked to a few new guys, she downloaded 3 date apps to compete with me.

Update 3:

it's FAIR for everyone to keep some details private. I had given her very personal info, even my address. When i ask her, for her information, she can deny telling me, but its not ok if i do it.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You shouldn't be "friends" with someone you don't trust. Period. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I'm wondering why you think of this person as a "friend" at all.

Just be sure you're not being over-secretive for no good reason.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think so, just tell her you want to keep it private

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, but maybe you should distance yourself from her if you think she is toxic and manipulative.

Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The better question is why you're still friends with someone who you describe as "manipulative and toxic?"   You need to find new friends.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.