I need help with insurance please?

So today I was driving and I hit someone from behind,  the guy wasn't mad because his bumper was okay  so he left.  but my front bumper is wrecked  from the side, so what do I do at this point??  I do have insurance but it's ( one way insurance) does that mean they don't cover me if I hit someone else????

What would cover this is YOUR insurance not his. You are at fault in this case. Your insurance may not cover you at all--because you aren't paying for THEIR damage--which is what liability is. Collision coverage pays when you hit something and no one else makes a claim. If you have only liability, you aren't going to get paid for damage to your car. And if you didn't file a police report, they may not consider your claim at all, even if you do have collision coverage. 

Oh--and don't be surprised if the other guy comes back some time later with reports of "damages" or injuries--even though he walked away from it. I hope you got his information at the time. He may have gotten yours and may decide that the tiny scratch on his bumper is something he wants fixed. And he may file a police report even if you don't. THIS is why you always exchange information and file a police report. You never can know what the other driver may do at the time, or even later. 

Yeah, you should find some good insurance company that will help you in your matter. I think you should take this matter seriously.

• Edna

One-way insurance??   Do you mean you have only Liability insurance? if so, your insurance won't cover the damage to your car. Liability doesn't cover you; it only covers the damage that you cause to someone else's car. You'll have to pay for the repairs to your car yourself. 

If you had been carrying Collision in addition to Liability, your insurance company would pay to repair the damage to your car and to his car.

If you have collision insurance they'll pay to fix your car.  If you only have liability (one way?) insurance you'll have to pay for any repairs yourself.

There is no such thing as "one way" insurance.  I have no idea what you are asking. It you have collision coverage, yes, it pays to repair your car.

• May

I don't know what "one way" insurance is but it sounds as if you have only liability coverage.  If so, you will have to pay out of pocket to fix your car

That means that they don't cover the damage to your car.  (If the guy's car had been damaged, then your insurance might have covered the damage to his car.)

That's exactly what "one way" insurance means.  It means you have only Liability coverage.  Liability is your legal responsibility for loss or damage to others.

For your policy to cover your damage from an at-fault accident (which rear-ending the vehicle in front of you is, no exceptions), you'd need Collision coverage.  

Yep, your insurance covers only property damage to a person or vehicle that you hit.

As you CHOSE not to have collision coverage for your own car, that means that fixing your car now will be 100% your pocket that pays for it.

Yes as you describe it that is what one way insurance means.