Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

Would you laminate your pics to protect them more..? ?

I’m just kind of obsessed with flooding in our area and don’t have money for things like safes.. (big enough ones at least.) 

Just for the most valuable pictures, does anyone else laminate the pictures so they’re safe even if the album gets wet or flooded...? 

Would there be a down side to laminating..? 

I’ve just heard of so many people losing everything with hurricanes, or even more simple like a house leak, but I don’t know if I can even laminate pictures... 

Also someone gave me the laminator so I just have it.. 

***I know I CAN laminate them, I’m asking if I should.. Like I don’t want to mess up original pictures handed down to me (40+ yrs old) that I can’t replace. So I don’t know if it’s better to keep the original as it is, or laminate and protect it better. 

Laminated photos are essentially ruined. They look awful and its permanent. I agree scan and place on a flash drive and keep that somewhere safe. Even laminated item-the water can get under the laminate and its even worse as you can restore them at all. Store photo albums off site and only bring home one at a time

Of course you can laminate things, any idiot can put a piece of paper inside a wallet and then send it through a laminator, just don't buy an old one.

• A

get them scanned and put on Flash drive

No because I have money for things like big enough safes.