Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

Why does it seem like the happiest couples are the ones that don’t see each other all the time ?

I noticed when couples are extremely busy when they come together they seem happier 

It is impossible to answer why you might see or observe something.  People see what they WANT to see.  I don't want to see this so I don't.  I see people who are so preoccupied with their own activities that they haven't got time to "wake up and smell the roses".  Their problem.  Not mine.

Not necessarily so but if I were to guess it would be because they didn't have time to see each other's faults.  I remember my mom's boss's parents.  They were married 76 years.  One day I asked them what the secret was and she looked at me and laughed  "Everytime I got mad at him I would go for a walk.  Everytime we disagreed he would go for a walk.  We didn't hold it in.  When we got back home we would sit down and try and talk it out.  But the one thing we never did... We never went to bed mad at each other.  When we talked he would listen to my side, then I would listen to his.  We would sleep on it and then discuss it the next day.  You see, child, nagging and pressuring your spouse for answers may lead to a total separation of the heart and mind."  

Living this way that couple lived to be over 103 years old.  So I guess it isn't the distance after all. It's respect, a willingness to listen and love.

Because they don't have time to fight about stupid stuff, that's why.  The time they have together is limited, and busy people have to use their time wisely.

It really has nothing to do with that, it has to do with not depending on your other half to make you happy and being resentful of them if they cant.  Its all to do with being emotional independent .  My Bf and I work and live together and people are amazed that we haven't killed each other yet and we have been together for ten years.  We are together 24/7 . I think we have been apart twice in the ten years