Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality ยท 2 months ago

Atheists, is the phrase "I say no gods exist" an opinion or a belief or a fact?

Update:

Jea ... is that "observation" an opinion or a belief or a fact?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I have often said here on YA that I don't believe any god/s exist (or satan or heaven or hell, for that matter), and that it is ONLY my OPINION.

It is YOUR 'OPINION' that they all do.

That should be the end of the argument. You think they do, I/we atheists think they don't. They are both our personal OPINIONS on the matter.

If you think they do, good onya, and whatever floats your boat.

But I still reckon I have more chance of winning lotto, than either you, or myself, ever meeting any god or satan, or going to any heaven or hell when we kark it..!ย 

JMHO :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

God is...ย  The Supreme Soul... The Absolute Truth....

• 1 month ago

You can rule out belief because beliefs are formed because there is "something" to be observed that causes the formulation of the belief. I would say you could also rule out opinion because we are not addressing the existence of Gods, we are addressing the "claims" that Gods exist.

It is a fact that theists cannot support their claim with "good" reasoning, only reasoning "they" believe to be good despite being debunked. If theists cannot demonstrate that a God is there, then for all practical purposes it's not.

We only see human ignorance when attempting to make a case for Gods, where even the possibility cannot be reasoned. For example, the possibility of other life in our universe can be reasoned because we are aware of life here. There is nothing "good" to reason the possibility for Gods to even be rationally agnostic of.

Then there are things that would make a God impossible, such as the natural order of complexity where all complex existence can be traced back to simpler beginnings. This means existence began simple, with the simplest block being energy itself that cannot be created, thus no creators of any kind.

While there are other things that would prohibit the existence of Gods and plenty to demonstrate a man made concept, not every atheist can claim fact, because they have not done the research, so you could claim it is an opinion in their case.

Only theists think they have good reason to believe the claim. Agnostics don't believe the claim but they imagine a possibility since a real one cannot be produced, making the position the most irrational of the three. Atheists see theists using faulty reasoning and see nothing good to support the claim thus cannot share the belief of theists that the claim is valid. Because there is so much evidence to support the concept being man made, most atheists can only imagine being wrong but see no good reasons to support the possibility or actual existence.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is a fact base opinion.

• Peter
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Based on what 'fact'?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It is both an opinion and a belief, but more importantly... it is a claim.

• 2 months ago

-I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.- Stephen Roberts

Attachment image
    • Zizipho2 months agoReport

Simple anwer: it's an opinion . Periodย 

• 2 months ago

Since you've never been able to prove that God exists it's a fact.

----------------------

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ: It's all three, moron. Duh.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is simply an observation.

It is a fact. That is how facts are determined, by observation. You let us know as soon as you observe a god. There is none to observe.

• Peter
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Facts are founded on tangible evidence.

• 2 months ago

Very few say that, there are some but people don't pretend they know mostly, it's just like if you say there is a monster under the bed then I don't believe you until I see the monster under the bed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's a common parlance of atheists.

• ...Show all comments
    • Too bad the proof of God's existence isn't common parlance of Christians.

Answering your own question isn't cool especiallhy when you aks and answer as an anonymous coward.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.