Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality ยท 2 months ago

Atheists, is the phrase "I say no gods exist" an opinion or a belief or a fact?

Jea ... is that "observation" an opinion or a belief or a fact?

Favorite Answer

I have often said here on YA that I don't believe any god/s exist (or satan or heaven or hell, for that matter), and that it is ONLY my OPINION.

It is YOUR 'OPINION' that they all do.

That should be the end of the argument. You think they do, I/we atheists think they don't. They are both our personal OPINIONS on the matter.

If you think they do, good onya, and whatever floats your boat.

But I still reckon I have more chance of winning lotto, than either you, or myself, ever meeting any god or satan, or going to any heaven or hell when we kark it..!ย 

JMHO :)

God is...ย  The Supreme Soul... The Absolute Truth....

You can rule out belief because beliefs are formed because there is "something" to be observed that causes the formulation of the belief. I would say you could also rule out opinion because we are not addressing the existence of Gods, we are addressing the "claims" that Gods exist.

It is a fact that theists cannot support their claim with "good" reasoning, only reasoning "they" believe to be good despite being debunked. If theists cannot demonstrate that a God is there, then for all practical purposes it's not.

We only see human ignorance when attempting to make a case for Gods, where even the possibility cannot be reasoned. For example, the possibility of other life in our universe can be reasoned because we are aware of life here. There is nothing "good" to reason the possibility for Gods to even be rationally agnostic of.

Then there are things that would make a God impossible, such as the natural order of complexity where all complex existence can be traced back to simpler beginnings. This means existence began simple, with the simplest block being energy itself that cannot be created, thus no creators of any kind.

While there are other things that would prohibit the existence of Gods and plenty to demonstrate a man made concept, not every atheist can claim fact, because they have not done the research, so you could claim it is an opinion in their case.

Only theists think they have good reason to believe the claim. Agnostics don't believe the claim but they imagine a possibility since a real one cannot be produced, making the position the most irrational of the three. Atheists see theists using faulty reasoning and see nothing good to support the claim thus cannot share the belief of theists that the claim is valid. Because there is so much evidence to support the concept being man made, most atheists can only imagine being wrong but see no good reasons to support the possibility or actual existence.

• Dick

It is a fact base opinion.

• Peter

Based on what 'fact'?

It is both an opinion and a belief, but more importantly... it is a claim.

-I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.- Stephen Roberts

• Zizipho2 months agoReport

Simple anwer: it's an opinion . Periodย 

Since you've never been able to prove that God exists it's a fact.

----------------------

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ: It's all three, moron. Duh.

• Jea

It is simply an observation.

.

It is a fact. That is how facts are determined, by observation. You let us know as soon as you observe a god. There is none to observe.

• Peter

Facts are founded on tangible evidence.

Very few say that, there are some but people don't pretend they know mostly, it's just like if you say there is a monster under the bed then I don't believe you until I see the monster under the bed.

It's a common parlance of atheists.

• Too bad the proof of God's existence isn't common parlance of Christians.

Answering your own question isn't cool especiallhy when you aks and answer as an anonymous coward.