SW-6
SW-6 asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 month ago

Anyone have information on the CAN AM RYKER motorcycle/bike?

My b/f is an avid motorcycle rider, I love riding with him and would love a bike of my own, only an AUTOMATIC and not so powerful.  Just for short rides, no big deal.  I thought the Can Am's may be a good idea.  Thanks.

The most experience I have had on anything close to a motorcycle would be my years on my moped.  :)

I have to have 3 wheels !

Favorite Answer

Hi, I ride a Honda Integra as arthritis has stopped me from changing gears. Mine is a 700, but the new ones are 750. Worth a look.

In Italy here, they do make 3 wheeled Mopeds.  

2 wheels in the front for better stability. 

• Bill

Check out the new Honda Cub. It has an automatic clutch.  

• Anton

I like bikes.  When riding, the world rotates under you.  In curves, on a bike, you stay upright to the vehicle.  The CanAm is TRIKE, not a motorbike.  In a curve on a trike you are being thrown to the side.  IMO, if you enjoyed riding a moped, you wouldn't like a trike.

Speaking of mopeds, what do you think when you say "moped" -- a motorized pedal bicycle, a 50cc step-through motorcycle, a 50cc motorcycle, or a step-through motorcycle of any displacement?  If you want to keep up with your BF, a Vespa 300 ("moped")  would be just fine.

• Ron

The internet is full of information about everything. The price is right for the base model, it is not a motorcycle and doesn't handle like one and you need not only a motorcycle endorsement but a 3 wheel vehicle endorsement

Take a look at the MP3 500 not beautiful but it is prettier than a Ryker.