Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Do you think you can still be masculine on a vegetarian diet?

I went vegetarian a few years ago for health reasons, and I genuinely do feel much more energized. However, I have been seeing on the internet people making fun of those who don't eat meat and being referred to as "soyboys". I want to be masculine and man, but I am wondering if not eating meat is seen as not being masculine.

Do you think you can still be a vegetarian and be masculine?

Although I'm not a vegetarian of any type, the answer is a resounding yes to being masculine while being a vegetarian. The reality is that diet has absolutely nothing to do with a male's masculinity. There's a lot of know it all blowhards out there, who believes that their opinion is a proven conclusive hard fact, and that nothing in that their opinion can or will ever disprove them wrong. They'll even go as far as to claim that it was all luck, or will make some other ludicrous claim to try to make it seem as though that the possibility of their being wrong is not possible or could even otherwise plausible. What makes a man masculine, isn't what he eats, it goes far deeper than that. I've seen some of those "real men" that eats meat, quail at the thought of being around when a boar hog or a steer, was being castrated.

Yes you can. And people try to imply that vegetarians are losers- when in reality many losers out there happen to be meat eaters. You know all those "fat" losers who live in their Mummy's cellar over the age of 30? They're always meat eaters. Lol, losers! Vegetarians are anything but losers.

I won't date a guy who doesn't eat meat.    Real men eat meat

• patty

of coarse people will say it is not very masculine but u must expect that and ignore the comments. Eat what u want.

Of course,many for example there are a lot of athletes and celebrity males who are vegetarian or vegan 

Never worry about what anonymous name callers think! Why on earth would you? What is a "real man"? Anthony Robbins, perhaps? Or David Haye? There are  athletes, swimmers, power lifters, wrestlers and others who are vegan and couldn't care less what internet whiners think. 

Nope. Real men eat meat. Soy boys are effeminate sissies.

• Anton

Those "people making fun of those who don't eat meat" are BI and are afraid that other will know they are "gay."  Compensate.    Why they have been oversized vehicles.  Real women know what THEY are....

Real Men don't care about what others think, are totally comfortable going vegetarian it they want.

• Sandra K
      1 month agoReport

Real men don't adopt inadequate diets. 

No you don't...

Vegetarians and vegans lie to themselves about how great they feel. It's always the same story. The reality is you are starving yourself and malnourished. 

• Arnold Schwarzenegger is a vegetarian now.

• Sandra K
      1 month agoReport

He's not so bright! His 73rd birthday will be June 30, 2020.