is toxic femininity a huge problem these days...?

• Stalin
    Favorite Answer

It depends what you call as "toxic femininity". The most common features of toxic femininity is harmful to both men and women. What I believe, these are the common traits of a woman with toxic femininity :

- Expects men to do all the things for her and give her attention all the time.

- Blames men for her fault when she can't admit her fault.

- Wants men to treat her like a "princess" which boosts her self-esteem.

- Too much obsessed with her looks and gets jealous of other women.

• Mandy

What is “toxic femininity” supposed to be?  

I think so, I don't think saying one gender is better than the other, watch the KND episode, operation F.U.T.U.R.E.

• Snoopy

No suck thing. Most toxic women are low in femininity that is why they are toxic and they put the male gender before the female one. They are have unequal views which is tragic.  

Not so much.   

I love and respect all the women in my life except the girl reading this

"is toxic femininity a huge problem these days...?"

I'll first go on the record to state that I don't actually believe in the feminist concept of "toxic masculinity", and likewise with this "toxic femininity". But if we were to use the same feminist standard as they used for toxic masculinity then we could say that toxic femininity is just as large a problem as toxic masculinity is, if not worse.  Under the feminist idea, this means that to avoid toxic femininity, women should drop their gender roles that harm men and women as well.

This would be the traditional ideas that men owe women anything at all for sex instead of the modern idea that only sex is traded for sex in and of itself. It means that women should pro-actively approach and ask out men when they like them despite any fear of rejection. Just a couple of the many possible examples.

As you can see, what feminists define as being toxic to any gender, are the normal, heterosexual behaviors that have been displayed since time immemorial. This is why I do not ascribe to rubbish "feminist theories" like Toxic Masculinity.

. 

• No such thing. In the same way toxic masculinity isn't a thing, either.

• amy

I wouldnt say huge. Maybe in america. But its certainly getting more exposure then it did prior.