Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

Can you get pregnant on a non ovulation/fertile day?

Me and my girlfriend had sex on a non ovulation/fertile day. The condom broke and I bought her a Plan B pill a few hours later. I later found out that we had sex on a day that wasnt an ovulation/fertile day for her. Should I be worried?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dort
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.  Even if you  knew she hadn't ovulated that money for sure (which you don't and don't bother telling me what the app said), she could still ovulate a few days later and your sperm would be waiting for Miss egg.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

yes, it is absolutely possible that pregnancy chances exist.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Certainly, it is not like medicine is a science. it is an ART.

Such plotting is really an assumed "Guess".

it could be off by hours more likely days.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sperm can live in her for several days so if she ovulates in the new few days (which Plan B is intended to prevent) then her egg could be fertilized by your sperm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

How did she know it was a non-fertile day.  Did the APP say so.  APPs are only GUESSING based on past patterns.  ACTUAL ovulation can be early or late during any cycle for any number of reasons.  Unless a woman is constantly tracking her actual physical symptoms and has experience recognizing her ovulation signs and symptoms then there is really NO WAY to be sure if ovulation has or has not happened for the current cycle.

Sperm can live for up to about five days.  These days are "fertile" days because the sperm can survive and wait for the egg.

Ovulation happens in just a few moments.  The egg releases and ovulation is done.  The egg can live for 12 to 24 hours.

It is ALWAYS best to assume that ANY DAY could potentially result in pregnancy.

If she took plan B and it was truly a non-fertile day - then there is no risk now.

Never use an APP to decide if sex is "safe" or not.  Always use a condom.  If the condom breaks - have a back up plan.  

• Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can get pregnant on any day when a sperm fertilizes an egg.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.