Can anyone recommend a true gray paint color? ?

Hello. It's my first home and I goofed. My kitchen was painted off-white (swiss coffee) and I wanted a more modern gray. I picked one out at the store and made the mistake of not trying it on the wall. It turned out way too blue 😟😟😟 ...does anyone know of a Gray that will actually look gray, not blueish or greenish? Maybe I should have just left it alone 😪. I know there are bigger problems in the world, but I have some anxiety and ocd issues, and they're being triggered. Any advice? Thanks so much! 

• drip
    Favorite Answer

If you do not want blue tones in your gray, you need to pick a warm gray shade.  You need to be careful because warm grays could give you a more tan/brown tone with it. You want it to look gray, not taupe.

I would buy paint from a paint store.  Or if you are lucky to get someone at a large hardware store that really know colors.

Your cabinets are brown and your counter top looks like it has brown tone in it too.  Which may be why your gray is coming off very cool/blue.

Make sure you take a sample of the gray your have with you when you pick out a new color.

Since your cabinets and appliances are dark, what you need is color.

SOFT YELLOW will work well or you can opt for peel and stick tiles. 

That does look terrible. I  could only suggest talking to real pros at a dedicated paint store, not somebody slinging paint at a home improvements store.

Most of the problem I see there is that the kitchen has three different things going on; The ugly wood stain, black appliances and that granite...ugh. I don't know how you could tie them all together unless maybe the cabinets were refinished.

Maybe some brushed stainless appliances would be the way to go. Also a darker granite with mauve/brown/w/black speckles. That would eliminate the need to refinish the cabinets, somewhat.

• Michael1 month agoReport

Thanks for responding, but, remodeling the emtire kitchen is not an option lol