Yamaha yz80 Acceleration Problem?

so i got a 93 yamaha yz80 off someone, everything works fine but i have just one concern, theres like one point where you reach while opening the throttle where the bike just goes FULL on acceleration and torque and makes me use my arm muscles to stay on, and before that point i can just ride normaly without any quick accelerations. Im just wondering if all 2 strokes are like this since im used to chinese 4 strokes, and i was wondering wouldnt it be impossible to do wheelies like this since if i accidentaly reach that ultimate acceleration on the throttle, my bike would just flip back and fall, btw if you need the info, he said he did a engine rebuild with wiseco parts, piston etc

• Tim D
    Favorite Answer

That is you getting into the powerband, it is why 2 strokes are so much fun, if you are pottering about outside that zone then you aren't doing it right.

• Inder1 month agoReport

ohh ok so thats what a powerband is ok thanks

Welcome to 2 stroke country.

• Inder1 month agoReport

lol, so for doing wheelies i guess im not suppose to reach that point of the throttle while in a wheelie right?