patty
patty asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

whats an interesting way to cook eggs?

There is an Indian dish that scrambles eggs with broken up potato chips.  Tastes great but don't use additional salt.

I like egg curry so I usually boil them and make 

Just last night, I loosely scrambled 2  eggs in a small nonstick pan. When they were cooked half way, I put pressure cooked broccoli with the floret side down, on top of the eggs until the eggs were fully cooked. It slid off the pan and onto the plate in one fell swoop. Then, a sprinkling of S&P with parmason cheese.

It was delicious.

I saw somewhere that you could cut a circle in some bread, put the egg in there on a pan, and try cooking both the bread and the egg.

• denise
      1 month agoReport

Yes! I love 'egg in the hole'.

Boiled in the bladder of a goat - with potatoes, herbs, butter

I don't know if it's to your liking, but there's a "boiled egg with the whites and yolks reversed".

Boil the egg with the yolk on the outside and the white on the inside without cracking the shell.

It's a cooking method that has been around for hundreds of years in some parts of Japan.

(Photo attached.) 

Recipe (modern version)

Ingredients

Eggs... as many as you want.

Stockings (clean and unraveled)

Rubber or thong (to hold the eggs in place)

A flashlight so powerful that you can see through the egg

Instructions

1. put the egg in one leg of the stocking, fix both sides of the egg in the center of the stocking tightly with a string or rubber.

2. see through the egg with a flashlight at this point and memorize its condition.

3. hold both ends of the stocking and twist the stocking to the maximum by rotating the egg

4. pull on the stocking so that the egg spins at a high speed. Spinning the eggs so fast you can hear the roar of the wind.

5. look through the egg with a flashlight and if the egg looks darker than the first, success!

6. boil the eggs in boiling water over 10 minutes, rolling them slowly (if you don't roll them, the whites won't come to the center).

Finished.

Many people have tried to create this strange boiled egg, but success seems to be hard to come by.

However, when you do succeed, you are sure to surprise your guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcsPU9mxHeg

Youtube thumbnail

I’m a big fan of omelettes and fritattas.  

Omelettes can be simple or fancy, right now I’m enjoying them with herbs and thinly sliced green onions mixed into the eggs and a little grated cheese.

I use real butter, preferably Kerrygold salted to cook the omelette, usually about a tablespoons to a tablespoon and a half.  I use three eggs and about 1/3 cup of mixed finely chopped herbs and thinly sliced green onion, just the white and light green parts.

There are many ways to cook omelettes and your heat source as well as your available pan make a difference.  If you are unsure how to make an omelette watch a few chefs do it on YouTube, then invest in a couple dozen eggs and some butter and cheese and spend a couple hours making omelettes one after the other.  I’m always on the prowl for new kitchen things at thrift stores and estate sales and my dogs LOVE IT when I find some new sort of omelette pan as I will go through a dozen eggs at a go fooling around with a new pan.  

Fritattas are basically crustless quiches.  They are super easy, super versatile and can use up all sorts of leftovers.  I typically use a variety of vegetables, blanching the firmer ones and whatever cheese I have on hand.  My favorite one I ever made was in a loaf pan with lots of veges cut julienne and balanced.  I served it in thin slices that looked like stained glass windows, incredible!

Another favorite of mine for eggs is crepes, which are basically very thin pancakes.  Again, whenever I find a new recipe or pan I fool with it for a few hours til I’ve mastered it, the dogs love crepes so nothing gets wasted.  Another great way to make leftovers look elegant in a pinch.

• John

You're going to laugh, but French toast, which we just had for breakfast. It's not eggs on a plate but it IS heavy on the eggs. Since other answers cover it mostly. My wife doesn't much like eggs so when I make them for her it is scrambles. Lots of stuff in them and the egg is almost just a binder.

• kswck2

Japanese Exploding Omelette. Look it up on You Tube. I've tried several times. Can't do it. 

There’s lot of ways. There’s a Japanese omelette which you roll up and add all kinds of ingredients into. It is called tamagoyaki.

It’s quite a different way of cooking it.