The Practice Bar Course Aptitude Test?

I have completed the test 4 times and every time I have failed. I have no idea what is going on. I've even tried to adjust my answers. I select the most logical conclusions and use my brain and all!!! 

I would like to know if anyone else has had any problems with the practice bar course aptitude test? I suspect that the logic is flawed and that the "correct" answers are in fact the "wrong" answers, as in they go against common sense, and are a reflection of the question givers mindset rather than based on the truth. 

Thanks in advance. 

I've just finished the 3rd year of a 4 year LLB - an undergraduate in law UK.

The online practice test does not give any feedback whatsoever. 

I achieved 92% on another test site. 

If you are on the third year of a four year LLB (yikes four years!) you should have strong logic skills by now..  The BCAT tests your critical thinking.   The secret is not to use common sense at all.  You need to use logic.  Law is just like Computer Science - if x is true then y is true.  I did lots of logic puzzles when I did my CS degree.  Using common sense will trip you up every time.  The idea is to train your mind to ignore the obvious solution and step carefully through the arguments.

You're getting warmer, but no.

It's not about mindsets, or logic.  It's about knowledge.  It's a test of what you were supposed to learn in law school.

Law often does go against common sense, and a lawyer needs to know what the law is, not what it logically should be.

You're not supposed to be able to answer the questions using pure logic if didn't learn what you were supposed to learn.

You have to answer based on what you were taught, not based on common sense.  If the correct answer was common sense, a high school student could pass and the test wouldn't accomplish anything.

The logic of the test is not flawed.  Your logic is flawed:  It is not logical to think that use of logic alone is sufficient.

The "correct" answers are the accurate answers, not necessarily the logical answers.

I just looked at the test, sort of quickly ran through it.  Maybe you need a private tutor.

I don't understand why there would be (to quote you) "flawed logic" answers.  It appears to me to be about the law, not about common sense (and the law and common sense are not always the same thing) or why the test would be designed to check your mindset.

I don't mean this in a nasty way, but perhaps law is not the career for you.

Law school is tough, no question.  You are tested on your knowledge of the law, not your personal experience, not your common sense.

What would I do?  I would sit down with an attorney (barrister) and review the questions and my answers and see where I was going wrong.

• Tavy

Thomas your Lecturers will know why you keep failing. They are teaching you, what have they said when you showed them your answers ?

U.k

You are right.  The most likely answer is that those that created the test made all the right answers wrong.  The Bar exam is about law.  Common sense doesn't always apply, you have to know the law.

I have completed the test 4 times and every time I have failed. I have no idea what is going on.

Try taking the LSAT (law school admissions test) first.

If you believe that, YOUR concept of logic is the problem.

Update to comment: '?' is a CONFESSION your capacity for rational thought is insufficient for the practice of law.

What is legal is not always what is ethical.

Take a "Bar Course Aptitude" prep course.  You can take the test online or maybe find another career.