Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

I don’t know what to do. ?

Called and asked my supervisor to come in late to work because I have to travel to buy a car. I’ve never missed a day of work, never been late, always stayed over and worked my days off. I have no transportation because my only ride and I was in a accident an 18 wheeler ran us off the road. The thing is I’m trying. If I lose this job I lose everything & end up back on the streets. I just don’t understand what the problem is. I’m literally only missing a couple hours. But he says” we really need you because we’re short staffed” & that’s because they run everyone off with the unstable hours and not understanding that life happens. I just don’t know what to do. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Personally, I wouldn't work for somebody like that.  Would you?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You've been an employee at that company for quite some time. You don't have to ASK your supervisor if you can come in a couple of hours late. You phone your supervisor and TELL him that you're going to be late. It's not necessary that you explain WHY you're going to be late. 

The worse that might happen is that your supervisor might require that you charge those couple of hours to your vacation time.

• Da
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Do what you got to do.

If you can't make it on time, get there as soon as you can.

You DON'T ASK your boss if you can be late. You tell him that you will be late. There is no need to explained anything about your personal business to him. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, you're obviously not trying hard enough because you should be asking in the Careers & Employment category, not Cars & Transportation. Fail. Try again. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Try taking him a copy of the police report. Maybe that will help.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The car lot does not open until Monday morning. I don’t work until Monday morning..... 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Buy the car after work today.😉

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Uber it/rent a car today and explain your situation when you come to the office.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.