How to properly change ignition on Honda XR125 L (2003)?

Anyone have any idea how to properly do this? I know a few things bout bikes but not so much in this area,is it as simple as buying an aftermarket one on eBay and installing it or having it sent away and done by professionals.

• fuzzy

I assume you want t oget away from points t oelectronic ignition.

How easy that will be depends on whetgher there is a kit available for that bike. Google will tell you.

• adam

ever heard of a shop manual?

What "ignition" are you talking about?  There are several "ignition" parts on a bike.  If you are talking about the part where you put the key, it is not hard to remove and replace.

If you are talking about fixing the bike to fix an ignition problem, see a mechanic.

Change the ignition: wires? switch? cables? spark plug? cdi unit? battery? alternator? regulator-rectifier? O2 sensor? Like wow dude. I can do all of that stuff... but I can't read your mind. Say whatcha mean and mean whatcha say. Hit dun be calt an ignition SYSTEM fur a raisin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2dErdiB7m8

Youtube thumbnail

What do mean by ignition? If you mean the lock then you will need to remove the old one (they have security bolts which can be a pain to remove) and replace with new one. It is possible to fit the replacement in a different position, even strapping it to the yoke – not really neat but convenient.