Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why can't I delete my yahoo questions?

it has been years since I last been on there, and I wanted to say that I am a liar I was childish and very immature. I have grown since than I was never pregnant and I lied about a baby thinking it was going to help keep my horrible ex boyfriend. I was in a bad place very depress, Going back and reading them questions make me most upset to see how stupid I was.... I tried to delete them because it is a reminder on my horrible past only to see that they can not get deleted.

Can anybody please help me why can't I delete those stupid questions I do not want people to read than anymore.

• .

IF your question on Yahoo Answers has no answers yet, you can just go into your question and select Edit>Delete. (make sure your mobile device is in desktop mode, if using a mobile)

.

IF your question on Yahoo Answers DOES have ANY answers, it cannot be deleted. The only way to get it removed if it has answers from others, from that point on, is to have enough accounts report it as a violation, so the system removes it from the display. You cannot edit or change the info you posted, either. All you can do is add updates to clarify it, and/or make yourself Anonymous (Edit>Post as Anonymous) to hide your identity.

.

This is probably the single most asked question, over time, in the Yahoo Answers subcategory. You can save points and time in the future, by doing a search at the top of the page (type in your question or keywords and press "Search Answers"), to see if the question you have has already been asked/answered. How to delete questions has been asked/answered literally thousands of times since the site was created.

• Daniel

Since you have not been on in years Yahoo has changed the Delete Policy from Years back you can only Delete your Questions if there are no Answers on It in the Past It use to be as Long as no Best Answer is Picked but they changed that Several years back now you can only Delete it If Nobody has Answered It 

Sadly this is not possible. It's one of those cases where the silly and immature learn too late.

The best we can hope is that some other silly and immature newcomer on Y!A reads your post, and thinks twice before posting stuff they'll be embarrassed about a couple of years down the line.

• LAN

Grow up and deal with it.  You can't delete any of your past questions.

• audrey

The best you can do is make them anonymous. That way no one will know it was you did all that bad stuff.

• SOT3

Two reasons.

1. Yahoo went back to the original purpose of YA - to build a database of questions and answers. Deletions defeat that purpose. Yahoo gets paid by activity on YA, so they want to keep it.

2. There was great complaining because users were spending time giving good complete answers, just to have them deleted. Users were starting to think they were wasting their time and started skipping questions or giving short answers. This hurt the people really looking for answers.

Most users also do not understand the search engines pick up these questions quickly, so even deletion did not remove posts from the web unless it was done quickly.

For those like you with "youngster" questions, the problem is it would take a large staff to help and Verizon is not going to spend millions on that. The best bet is to ask people to report them, but no more than just a few. You will also probably get two violations.

You are late, that option was available previously, now you can't delete question if one answer is posted for the question. Only unanswered questions can be deleted.

Just ask few more questions, then the old ones will move down the list, You can always adjust your privacy with "Edit preferences"

Regards

Mr J

• Sharon

You can only delete them if they have no answers. Click on 'Edit' beside your question and then delete it. If it has an answer the Edit button no longer appears and you cannot delete it.

If they have answers you can't delete them...

You can make them all anonymous to hide your identity.

Because you can't delete questions with one or more answers.