IN MIDDLE OR HIGH SCHOOL, did you ever SHAKE HANDS OR PERSONALLY SEE THE PRINCIPAL OR ASSISTANT principal?

• Every morning, the principal, vice-principal, counselor, and one or 2 teachers would stand at the grand entrance to receive the students. I felt like the students who needed the most encouragement were greeted by name; I guess that was their way of saying we see you and are routing for you. I think them doing this, too, was to let the student body know that getting an education is a group effort as it is a challenge to stay dedicated and focussed, and we all collectively will help this endeavor to happen. 

Yes, once in high school. It was at the end of Year 10, and my year level were prepping on how to enter the workforce. Our principal acted as an employer and we had to shake hands with him as he gave us our "job offer" letter.

ive seen them but dont remember if i shook hands with them or not

• Steve

Yes, they often greeted us as we poured into school.

• y

Shake hand? Nope. See the principal? Nope, See the VP?  Yes, multiple times, he was also called the warden. He handled all the schools disciplinary actions/students. Saw him a number of times.

• kswck2

Of course not. They were FEARED

Wrong category.........................

• Rayal

Maybe not shake hands but my various principals and vice principals were all very well known to the student body and were accessible to anyone. 

My high school principal actually taught my mother who graduated 30 plus years before I did.  He also lived just up the street from me. 

At my school in Russia, the director taught algebra and geometry

• Fallaya
      1 month agoReport

How was living in Russia?

• I used to ride to high school senior year with the vice principla