Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 months ago

Should I worry about being Protan colorblind and wanting to be a Navy Diver?

So i'v taken the colorblind tests online over and over again, and each time it comes up either severe or moderate protan colorblindness, is this going to prevent me from being a diver in the first place and should I start looking into other rates instead?

• Daniel

If normal color vision is a requirement for the rate and you can't pass the test the Navy uses, then you can't do the job.  Simply being able to distinguish basic colors isn't good enough.  

My colorblindness kept me out of a lot of jobs in the military (technically including the one I did, but that wasn't a requirement when I was commissioned).

• ?

It would appear from your description that you should include  consideration of other options.

What you REALLY should be worried about is finding another career. Red-Green color blindness is a PDQ for a lot of MOS/Rate/AFSC.