I’m running out of time?!?

So I’m an 18 year old rising sophomore in college. I’m home for the summer and I’ve been trying to find a job and I just can’t!! I’ve called over 50 places and applied for many and haven’t heard anything. I put together a pretty good resume with a lot of skills and it’s very organized. Plus I went to a private academy in high school and graduated and now go to a 4 year university.

My summer is going to end quickly and I’m kinda freaking out because I literally can’t find anywhere to work. I’m getting an apartment with my roommate from last year and I’m gonna need to help pay for groceries and decorations. Plus I like having my hair done and makeup so I have to support myself. My parents already do enough for me so I have to buy my material things. 

I’m really trying to stay calm and keep looking and keep a positive outlook but what should I do? I’m running out of time.

It's the economy, it's not you.  Try working for yourself, even if it's mowing lawns.  Free advice:  You NEVER get rich working for someone else.  Get your college degree & then work for yourself.

• Sexy Babe1 month agoReport

I work for someone else I work for the state dept and I make more then most people here.

Calling places doesn't mean applying.. so you've applied for some of them.  You will never get every job you apply for.  Keep applying.

You cant keep calm unless and until you are internally satisfied with the money you are able to earn. Although most of the people are never satisfied with what they are getting but still, if your bare expenses are handled from what you are able to earn then i think that will at least calm your mind. 

In that case I would advice (you are free to ignore it), take any menial job you can get so that at least you start earning something. Side by side give time to your skills and resume and see where you are lacking. 

When you feel confident with your resume start applying again. I have been in the situation so i can relate.

• e9601:

Rising sophomore? You eat yeast? Did you know there's a killer virus out here? Many people need work and not to get their hair and makeup done. Wake up child.

WTF is a “rising sophomore”?

ETA: Then you're a Sophomore. And I already have my AA, BS and MA, thank you. I just find it really sad that kids now days have to make up terms just to make themselves feel good.

See if there is a local market research telephone survey company.  They are always looking for temporary or part-time workers to conduct  phone interviews.

Like all the rest of us, you may end up having to put your plans on hold until things improve. 

You are not the only one who is trying to get work.

I am using my education, for me to try to get work.

Well good luck with finding work!

maybe you should go to an employment agency

• COCO PUFF1 month agoReport

Richard: That's not true.  Employment agencies help with get full time, part time, temporary, and seasonal work. 

Ummm, have you heard of COVID19?