If i pay for a motorcycle in cash will there still be lots of fees?

I want to buy a motorcycle with cash from my dealership but if i do so will there still be fees beyond just the title and tax stuff? 

Favorite Answer

Play hardball with them.  If they tack on a bunch of fees, and they will.  Just stand up and walk out, take your money.  Right before you leave tell them, “call me when you take off those ridiculous fees, you have my number.”  Then go home an wait for them to call you, they will.  Dealerships need to sell bikes and the economy is in the crapper right now, take advantage of that, be the ****** and make them kiss your butt.  They will.  

• adam

if its over 10 then sousand dollars cash you cant.  They will right away alert athorities. thats the war on drugs . You are no longer allowed to buy vehicles with cash. Thats my understanding these days anyway. 

• D50

The state fees; tax, title, etc. will be the same at every dealer. When you consider the price, consider the total the dealer wants from you. Forget what the charges are called, the total is the only thing that counts. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, go there. 

YES. There could be a document fee, delivery charges, dealer prep fee, and of course tax, title, and license. But instead of asking us over and over, contact the dealer and ask them. They know the answer. We do not because not every dealer is the same. 

• Ron

Dealers don't make money from selling something, they make it from fees.

All dealers have fixed costs that they simple have to pass on.  They're in business to earn a living like anyone else.  If they sell you something for $1 that costs them $1.10, they won't be open long.  The make money on the bike, and that price can be negotiated, but motor vehicle fees and taxes are what they are.