What should I do ?

About a week ago I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative I took it before my cycle so idk if that affects anything but now I missed my period. I haven’t took another one every since but I’m sure I’m pregnant my partner and I been having sex a lot through the day everyday. I’m going to be an new parent people been telling me I gotta take prenatal vitamins but I’m not sure how soon I should start I’m super excited but scared at the same time . If anyone have any tips for me please help lol 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are actively TTC, then starting a prenatal vitamin is a good idea. It also doesn't hurt to have a "pre-conception" appointment with your OB, where she can do some basic bloodwork and general health screening, and answer any additional questions you may have. It's not something you *have* to do, of course, but being informed about the state of your own health is generally a good thing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You should not start taking anything until a pregnancy has been confirmed... take a pregnancy test. 

Once it shows positive, then make an appointment with your GYN and she will tell you what foods to avoid, what vitamins are recommended, etc. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find out first if you are pregnant.  If it's been say 2 weeks since your period was due AND you are regular, a home pregnancy test should give you an accurate result.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.