What should I do ?

About a week ago I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative I took it before my cycle so idk if that affects anything but now I missed my period. I haven’t took another one every since but I’m sure I’m pregnant my partner and I been having sex a lot through the day everyday. I’m going to be an new parent people been telling me I gotta take prenatal vitamins but I’m not sure how soon I should start I’m super excited but scared at the same time . If anyone have any tips for me please help lol 

• LizB

If you are actively TTC, then starting a prenatal vitamin is a good idea. It also doesn't hurt to have a "pre-conception" appointment with your OB, where she can do some basic bloodwork and general health screening, and answer any additional questions you may have. It's not something you *have* to do, of course, but being informed about the state of your own health is generally a good thing.

You should not start taking anything until a pregnancy has been confirmed... take a pregnancy test. 

Once it shows positive, then make an appointment with your GYN and she will tell you what foods to avoid, what vitamins are recommended, etc. 

Find out first if you are pregnant.  If it's been say 2 weeks since your period was due AND you are regular, a home pregnancy test should give you an accurate result.