Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

Why did/do people like John Morrison a lot more than Dolph Ziggler?

I can admit, I was one of those people that didn't see anything amazing in Ziggler… In my opinion, he is underrated and doesn't get enough credit. He is passionate on the mic, knows what he is doing in the ring. 

He kind of looks similar to Morrison(in my opinion) and has a super-confident, and cocky demeaner about him, too. Ziggler can bump and sell, and put on some entertaining matches.

The only difference is Morrison has the athletic ability that Dolph Ziggler doesn't have. And the support of the fans. 

Why though? I'm not going to go into too much detail, but people don't think nearly as highly of him as they do Morrison.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Candle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

People used to think highly of Dolph until they realized he's kind of a one-trick pony.  He has the same match every time he gets into the ring, he cuts the same promo, and when given the chance to break out on the microphone always does the same thing, which is to basically say he's underrated and deserves better.  Okay, here's the ball.  Do better.  What's that? You still look like an early 90's Shawn Michaels cosplayer with all of the steak and none of the sizzle? okay, be a midcarder then.

Morrison has his own brand of charisma, has reinvented himself multiple times over in WWE and elsewhere, does crazy spots, looks like a main eventer, and has been a main eventer in every promotion and brand that's invested in him.  In AAA, he held every eligible belt there was for him to hold, and that's not a small feat.  In TNA he became Johnny Impact and had some of the best main event matches they've had since losing the likes of AJ, Joe, and Angle.  In Lucha Underground he became a hyper cheesy Cobra Kai type who was never far away from the main championship picture.

It all boils down to both men being handed the ball on several occasions and Morrison being the one that was capable of running with it.  People gave up on Ziggler after his second or third attempt at being pushed as a headliner because he never lived up to the hype and did the same thing over and over again, where as John Hennigan might be the man with the most surnames in wrestling history because he's willing to try and run with any ball that's handed to him.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I prefer John Hennigan more, he's cooler and better moves better entertainer.

• 1 month ago

i dont know about people liking him more than ziggler but i thought they handled his return great, he actually got a wrestlemania moment....he built his brand away from wwe as a top guy in impact wrestling....lets see if they use him in a singles push later

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Simple. Morrison is less bland.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well, Dolph Ziggler is indeed an amazing wrestler and is a great talker that can add a ton of emotion and/or heat to his promos. It is not entirely Ziggler's fault that he fell down the ladder and crashed into rockbottom. In 2013-2014, Ziggler was over. He used to get a lot of strong reactions and fans really wanted him to get a push. He was a world champion and clearly the star of Survivor Series 2014 over those who participated in the match including Cena. Then for some reason, Ziggler just went totally down after that. He had some title reigns after that and he also became a heel but many fans treated him with apathy. WWE is at fault here and if they used him very well and pushed him into a strong main eventer, he would have been really like Shawn Michaels. One thing Ziggler held over Shawn was mic skills and although, Ziggler is clearly below Shawn in terms of wrestling, it's not a massive gap. 

Ziggler is kind of like Natalya(who is another amazing wrestler but she doesn't always get low reactions. In Canada, she gets a good reaction) when it comes to crowd reaction and that's tremendous downgrade. It's like that "Oh look, it's that boring guy Ziggler" kind of reaction. It's that bad. 

As for Morrison, he still has that cool factor and is one of the coolest wrestlers in WWE. He is also a great athlete and many fans would like his acrobatic style because Morrison can do a lot of amazing things in the ring. He has also done parkour. 

Many fans complain about big wrestlers who aren't good talkers and/or wrestlers but Dolph Ziggler is proof that even if a wrestler happens to be a great talker and a great wrestler, that wrestler can still be treated lowly. 

• 1 month ago

In my opinion neither Dolph Ziggler or John Morrison are any good.  

To me Morrison is a spot monkey and Zigglers only feature is selling to the point of giving himself a concussion.

• Webbo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I for one much prefer Ziggler and think he's the best athlete in the wwe right now, I find Morrison bland tbh charisma wise but still a good athlete.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Morrison is genuinely likeable, he has the charisma.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.