Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Are there any good reasons for eating meat?

I often come to hear that veganism is good for longevity, diabetes, environment and maintaining fitness. Meat eating is linked to cancer, obesity and heart disease and die younger than vegans. That proves the victory of vegans over meat eaters.

Meat eaters often lose the debate against vegans. Are there any logical reasons for eating meat?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe the taste......I eat beans, not cuz I'm vegan, but cuz I like beans, except for the gas, I like that it's bulldozing

all the layered on crud from my insides, and besides beans, I get grilled chicken and shredded chicken  and cheese on top and the  beans have protein, so I'm a happy camper.....

• Vegans don't eat chicken or cheese. Do you mean vegetarian?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No, there are not any good reasons to eat Meat. People who loves to eat Non-Veg they eat Meat.

• 1 month ago

I'm a meat eater and pther than I like eating meat theres no real reason over vegan.

The only thing I can think of is vitamin b12 but that can be taken as a supplement.

• 1 month ago

There is no reason to be eating meat , vegetables are good enough 

• JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

actually you will be missing some very serious nutrients, proteins, vitamins and minerals you can only get from meat products. Or you have to buy and take supplements. Most are animal byproducts. So u no longer truly a vegetarian when you think abt taking supplements.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because you WANT to--that's the ONLY reason you should ever eat ANYTHING. 

And "victory?"  Really? This isn't a WAR. 

• 1 month ago

Because of the protein in it and depending on how it's cooked and seasoned it can be lower in calories.

• ...Show all comments
    • JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Protein is 1 thing but look at what amino acids are missing. Some are very important  for your eyes and brain you only get from eggs.

• 1 month ago

I can give you one... bacon!

• 99%Anonymous
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I love bacon and egg Sandwiches

• 1 month ago

what? It doesn't prove anything. These are just baseless assertions.

• 1 month ago

Meat gives hard physical workers strength to work hard. Perhaps a high protein diet would do the same, but I don't really know.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hearing things isn't scientific evidence. What you say you've heard hasn't been scientifically proven. Proving that with science is extremely difficult owing to portion size and quantity of servings relative to the effects being measured, like longevity, incidence of diabetes, etc., which is why dietary science is one of the most challenging sciences. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.