Of the sciences (Hard: physics, chemistry, biology. Soft: psychology, sociology) do politics and economics fit under sociology? Why/why not?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Bobo
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Economics is it's own discipline.  It is still subject to opinion, but it does have factual aspects in the macro arena.  Politics is not a science, it is purely opinion.  Any "science" that deals with the spectrum of human behavior is subject to qualifications as human behavior varies among cultures, societies, and individuals.  Sociology in particular is almost pure opinion.  

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Universities place Economics under Social Science. So does Yahoo, so there must be a reason. Why don't you ask in the Sociology forum instead? You can look long and hard and I doubt you'll find this issue discussed in any philosophy books or journals.  , 

• 5 months ago

It think political science and economics are their own thing. There's also anthropology that p&e could be placed under.

From what I understand these overlap a lot. I think it's one of where you're talking about. America, England or 'the continent'.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.