JL asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

FOOD CATEGORY ; FROZEN FOOD.?

the freezer door on the refrigerator wasn't closed all the way.   the food on the top shelf looked like a snow storm hit... all flaky white ice.  I say it's still frozen so no problem someone said do you think it's still good to eat.  I don't see a problem the food didn't thaw it's due to the moisture getting into the freezer.  .   still I  thought I'd ask about it.  what do you think.  thanks.

If the food has not thawed you are fine. The only thing that really happened is your refrigerator had to work extra hard to keep the food frozen, so your electric bill may be a bit higher from that, but other than that, the food is good. If any IS thawed toss it.

• kswck2

If the food is still frozen, it is still good to eat. If the freezer is a frost free, shut the door tightly and the ice will go away. 

The easiest way to determine if you have a frost free freezer is to note if you put a tray of water to make ice in the freezer and the ice eventually disappears, you have a frost free freezer. 

If the food didn't thaw it will still be safe to eat. 

• CB

Yes safe to keep frozen and eat later on, as long as the food was still mostly frozen no harm.

Remove everything and wipe off the frost. Some of it will be freezer-burnt, you can toss it or use it up before it further deteriorates