Should I pay my security deposit?

I got approved for an apartment. However they haven't told me when I can move in. She keep saying that they trying to see which unit will be done quicker cause I want to move now.  What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Don't pay anything until you are clear what you're doing it for - and have seen the actual property you're going to be renting.

• giggles
      1 month agoReport

Thank you

• G R

Your post makes no sense.  It would seem to me, based on what you more or less wrote above, that you have yet to even sign a lease, is that correct?  If you do sign a lease you would have been given a move in date and you will be required to pay a deposit if you want to live there.

• giggles
      1 month agoReport

Yeah. I haven't sign a lease. But they are Still fixing up the apartments. She keep saying pay a holding but can't tell me when it will be ready

• Maxi

You do not pay the security ( or holding) deposit until AFTER you have viewed the unit you will be moving into

• giggles
      1 month agoReport

Ok. Thank you. Cause she said I'm approve but don't know which unit I will get. I don't want to put money down and don't move

Nothing you can do but wait for a unit to be available.