Marriage Registration before Immigration?

Hello,

My name is Tayyeb and I am from Pakistan. My wife is from US and we got married in Srilanka, we have a marriage registration certificate and translations from Srilanka. My question is do I need to register the marriage in my country also for the sake of immigration later on or the marriage registration certificate that we have from Srilanka is good enough for that ?Thank you

You have to fulfil the requirements to be legally married in Sri Lanka; then your marriage is recognised in all other countries.

If you have a legal marriage in Sri Lanka, or wherever, it is valid anywhere. 

• Foofa

Civil marriages in Sri Lanka would be acknowledged in both Pakistan and the US. But you'd have to have your marriage certificate translated (by a court accepted translator) into either Urdu or English. As you're not stating whether you're trying to go through immigration in Pakistan or the US for more detail you'd contact the immigration authorities in question.