Fell asleep with candle burning ?

So I was watching Netflix in my room with my bath and body works candle burning on my dresser next to my tv. I accidentally fell asleep for like 1 1/2- 2 hours. My boyfriend came home and said there was some smoke in my room and blew out the candle and turned on the fan. My window was opened a little bit. I feel fine. Am I going to be okay or should I be worried?

You wrote this question coherently so you are fine.  However, sleeping with a candle on is not a good thing to do for it gives off Carbon Monoxide(the same as car exhaust) which is poisonous, tasteless, and colorless. Do not repeat feat unless you want to die.

• Edward

If you can do this to yourself and your boyfriend, and future children, I suggest you don't buy any more candles. Ever.

The only reason a candle would smoke is if the wick is too long. In the future, trim the wick to 1/4" to prevent that from happening. 

I doubt the candle smoke will effect your lungs.

The old saying "do not leave burning candles unattended" applies here.

• elhigh

You should be worried.

Not about your health, that's not a problem.  A little smoke from an isolated incident isn't a big deal.

But you're fatally reckless.  Get more responsible in a hurry before you kill yourself or someone else.

NEVER fall asleep with a burning candle in the room. You need to get a "hurricane" style lamp if you burn candles--one that would allow the candle to keep burning but not let hot wax to escape. This is one of the top 3 reasons for house fires--burning candles that overflow.  You should not be worried about any smoke--you should be more concerned with your safety. 

Why exactly do you think why you shouldn’t be ok?  A little candle smoke won’t hurt you , it’s mostly carbon, burned wick. If you were thinking carbon monoxide, no.

• drip

Worried about what?

You left the candle burning too long and the wick got too long and smoked a little. Your BBW candle probably had three wicks.  Having it burn for two hours shouldn’t of been have been  issue.     You get more smoke standing by a grill. 

No it won’t hurt you. 

Never blow the flame out.  Douse the flame in the liquid wax, and then pull the wick up straight.

Blowing the candle flame out will cause it to smoke and that smoke will go up to your ceiling, plus the smell is bad, nasty after you have burning a nice scent. 

Always trim your wicks before you light them. A shorter wick will cause less smoke and burn more evenly.  

Yup, worrying for nothing always helps. Unless you are dead, you will be fine.

Thetes nothing to be worried about. 

Your bf is lying about the smoke . He probably is not happy about u burning a candle while sleeping . Many have died from a unattended burning candle .

Myself I won’t burn candles . They emit toxins . In the long term your hurting lungs . 

Burning of candles is just as harmful as vaping