What NHL Team(s) has the better advantages with the expected playoff changes?
Keep in mind
1) Break means teams are well rested and more healthy.
2) Training camp where you can spend a couple of weeks concentrating on 1 or 2 teams.
3) Summer play. Do we still get bad/slow ice in arenas? Especially in dessert or deep south.
4) No big playoff travel schedule. You are away from home the whole time, but not flying back and forth.
5) Neutral locations with no fans.
What other factors have I missed that you think are important. Who does it benefit?
There are fewer dynasties these days. It is harder for a team to repeat a Stanley cup 2 years in a row because it is such a long run and they come back tired. Maybe not this year, all teams are rested..
The west has a long drawn out travel schedule. Be the time they make it to the final they have logged some serious mileage. It gives a slight advantage to eastern teams IMO. Not this year...
- opurtLv 71 month agoFavorite Answer
All the teams are basically on the same footing, as far as rest / rustiness from the time not on the ice / neutral venues / no travel are concerned. The only real difference is that the 16 teams playing in the play-in round will know who they're playing against. They may also have an advantage over the top-4 teams in that those play-in teams are playing real hockey at least a week before the "better" teams have a chance.