Guitarists ! I don't have footswitch to change distortion to clean or otherwise,How to play a music that alternate between these two effects?

Is it good ideia to play a heavy metal song with distortion and play clean parts with distortion too ? Considering that I don't have footswitch. 

Can you help me please ? What would you do if you have no footswitch to change effect in guitar ? 


Sorry for my bad english, I'm not fluent in this language. 

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

    Its your guitar, your amp, and your songs. Can you not think for yourself?

    "What would you do if you have no footswitch to change effect in guitar ?" 

    Uh duh I would just push the button that switches channels on my amp, or buy a damn footswitch! This isnt rocket science people!

  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    To use a foot switch to change between clean and distorted sounds you'd need an amp that allows you to switch between the two sounds. Many amps can do this and the foot switch is usually just a simple foot switch in a plastic box. It won't be very expensive and they usually come with the amp.

    If your amp can't do this then you would need ro use a clean sound and have an effects pedal (distortion, overdrive, fuzz or whatever) between your guitar and amp.

  • 4 months ago

    Go out and buy one.  They're not very expensive.

    If you don't have a footswitch, you have to stop playing and manually turn the distortion on and off.  That's why the footswitch was invented, in fact.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.