Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Why does Christianity promote abusive parenting?

Update:

I was going to give the "Christianity is a hate cult" answer best answer but fuçk you guys for reporting it

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No, quite the opposite.  Some CHURCHES that ignore Christian teachings do, however.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

100% with no doubt

• 5 months ago

It doesn't.  Certain people wishing to justify their authoritarian parenting styles use clobber texts to do so, but it runs counter to the general spirit of compassion which a Christian is expected to exercise.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Because murdering babies in the womb is not abusive. Here's your sign.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Jesus is not abusive. Both of my parents were not raised in Christian homes... and were into hedonistic lifestyles when they met. My dad met my mom at a strip club, and my dad at the time was a limo driver, but he also made and sold drugs, during certain years of their marriage and after his divorce to her. Anyway, my father was abusive, because his father was abusive, and his father before him. None of these people were Godly men. Though plenty of people ungodly people can be religious, and lack the Spirit of God, and not be regenerated, being pew warmers who operate as nominal Christians, being affiliated in name only, but not according to the Spirit and the Truth. Note that without the Spirit, we do not belong to God, and are none of His (according to Romans 8:9). Jesus explained to Nicodemus that without being born again, one cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Jesus gives the Spirit of God to us, when we place our trust in Him alone and call on His name for salvation. To any sinner who desires to receive forgiveness of sins forever, be reconciled to God, and receive God's Righteous Spirit, they need only to call on the name of Jesus asking Him in Truth and in sincerity with a humble heart, to please save them. God acknowledges those who truly have their hearts open to Him, and desire to receive His Spirit, and the Spirit makes us righteous, and the sacrifice of Jesus satisfies the full payment of our sins. Asking for salvation is simple, and God is responsive to hearts that are truly after His heart. Whatever weaknesses we have, God wants us to bring them to Him, because He will be with us to help us, and to empower us to know the truth, walk in the truth, and to live righteously. The more we know Him, the more we know what Righteousness and Truth are. God can save anyone, so don't let your sins get between you and God, but know that those who cover their sins will not prosper, but those who bring themselves to the Lord for forgiveness, will obtain mercy.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Lie much?

Colossians 3:21 KJV — Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

Ephesians 6:4 KJV — Ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

We're all trying to be better kinder people because down-deep that's how we know we are happy. Forgive them for they know not what they do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.