My boyfriend cheated with an escort?

Hey guys a week ago I found out my boyfriend had sex with an escort and I think this is something he may have been doing for a while. The way I found out was interesting and crazy. We lived together up until a month ago, decided to get an apartment because I felt we needed a little space from time to time especially since he can be fussy sometimes. I 

would still come over where I lived. I didn’t get settled into the new apartment yet. Last week we were laying in bed, it was around 3am and we were having a conversation,

he then started complaining that it’s too late and he’s not in the mood to talk. The way he way he said it made me feel really uncomfortable so I told him since he’s that upset I could leave although it’s super late. I then left (4am) and went to the new apartment but once there and trying to go to sleep there was an extremely loud sound that just wouldn’t go off, I’m still not sure what it was, but as much as I didn’t want to, I jumped in the car and headed back to the other apartment and once I got there he was gone. His shorts were in the middle of the floor, you could tell he showered. I was shocked but new something was definitely up. I waited up and he got back at 7am and was shocked to see me 

and confessed that he saw an escort. I couldn’t believe it. Demanded he get checked and we did. A week later and he’s trying to tell me it’s not an addiction and that he can stop wants to contemplate marriage and buy a home together. What do you guys think?

I think you need to demand that he seek professional help for this and if he won't, then its time to dump him and move on. And your hunch is probably correct, he's likely been doing this for some time, which would make him a serial cheater.