Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Should I be mad at my Girlfriend or not? How would you do if you were in my shoes? ?

I saw my (African American) girlfriend on Facebook Live video with other people protesting, although it's a peaceful protest, she didn't talk to me about it. 

Favorite Answer

Break up with her. 

Talk to her and ask why to go to the protesting event, don't get mad at her. 

Let me encourage you to dive deep into systemic and institutional racism in our country. If you look long enough and hard enough, and reflect on what you see, you will find that the deck is stacked against minority races in our society. You will probably also come to the conclusion that law enforcement has an institutional bias against people of color. If these facts move you, as they move me, you would ask why she did not invite you to join her in the protest. The disparity of education, opportunity, income, and education in our country is stunning. BTW, I'm an old white guy who has been privileged all my life.