I am 18 and still dont know what to do or want to be in life?

Basically im 18 and i finally graduated highschool and i realize that life is about to get real and yet i still dont have a clue what i want to do . I have my first job working at McDonalds and dont get paid only 400$ a month and thats not crap i dont want to be here forever! My parents never really encouraged me to do anything with my life either (ikr) :( i dont want to live a rich lifestyle nor do i want to be rich. To me having a complete life is having a simple but nice house, car and happy family and ill be happy with that. The only thing i really love to do is literally watch car videos all day because i am in love with cars. My dream car is an corvette haha.  I thought about being a mechanic but in my area (Houston TX) mechanics don’t get paid anything, atleast thats what i heard. Plus i dont really know any carrers involving cars that pay well either. I also love tattoos but i cant even draw or tattoo. I tried and lets just say i didnt turn out very well. in conclusion i still dont have an idea what i want to do and i know im only 18 but i really just need someone to help me figure out the right path to take. This is my first yahoo question so plz bear with me.

Everyone gets a fish to match the size of their pan.

If you don't like your fish, change your pan.

At this point in the economy...no matter how much you hate McDonalds..at least you have a job.  ASK for management training.  That is a skill that will not only get you more money...but it will also give you the training you need to get a management position at another company...open your own place...or even start a company that McDonalds would pay for its services.

Become a doctor

if u love cars and want to be a mechanic u start with that. if u do it well u will be able to open your own repair shop and this is like a gold mine - cars always get broken or need some service

• JJ

There's a song exactly about this called "I'm Eighteen" by Alice Cooper.

Some people get right through their entire life not having a clue what they were doing, or what they ever wanted to do.