I am 18 and still dont know what to do or want to be in life?

Basically im 18 and i finally graduated highschool and i realize that life is about to get real and yet i still dont have a clue what i want to do . I have my first job working at McDonalds and dont get paid only 400$ a month and thats not crap i dont want to be here forever! My parents never really encouraged me to do anything with my life either (ikr) :( i dont want to live a rich lifestyle nor do i want to be rich. To me having a complete life is having a simple but nice house, car and happy family and ill be happy with that. The only thing i really love to do is literally watch car videos all day because i am in love with cars. My dream car is an corvette haha.  I thought about being a mechanic but in my area (Houston TX) mechanics don’t get paid anything, atleast thats what i heard. Plus i dont really know any carrers involving cars that pay well either. I also love tattoos but i cant even draw or tattoo. I tried and lets just say i didnt turn out very well. in conclusion i still dont have an idea what i want to do and i know im only 18 but i really just need someone to help me figure out the right path to take. This is my first yahoo question so plz bear with me.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Everyone gets a fish to match the size of their pan.

If you don't like your fish, change your pan.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

At this point in the economy...no matter how much you hate McDonalds..at least you have a job.  ASK for management training.  That is a skill that will not only get you more money...but it will also give you the training you need to get a management position at another company...open your own place...or even start a company that McDonalds would pay for its services.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Become a doctor

• 1 month ago

if u love cars and want to be a mechanic u start with that. if u do it well u will be able to open your own repair shop and this is like a gold mine - cars always get broken or need some service

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's a song exactly about this called "I'm Eighteen" by Alice Cooper.

• 1 month ago

Some people get right through their entire life not having a clue what they were doing, or what they ever wanted to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.