Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How do I tell my adult children about my pregnancy?

I have 2 adult children that had a very rough childhood, it was literally taken away from them. It was my fault and their father's fault because we were young, dumb and stupid. Nobody can tell me otherwise. We had two more kids after that which makes the eldest 11 years and 17 years apart respectively (from the younger siblings). Both eldest kids helped out tremendously raising their younger siblings, even playing parent which I know isn't fair and if I could go back I would. When both turned 18 they remained very little contact with us and moved countries to live their own lives which was hurtful but understandable. They never disrespected me, but my daughter asked for us not to call her or message her because she needed a break from everything. I didn't hear from her for almost 2 years. My pregnancy was toughest for them. Many times they wouldn't ear so that I could for the baby and I was an awful mother.

I'm pregnant again. I really didn't want this, but I am. I just don't know how they're react especially my eldest kids. I think they will just completely disown me this time as their mother because not only did the sacrifice a lot when they were younger after everything that happened. They had to raise their siblings and did not have a childhood or teenage years. This isn't fair on them, none of their friends had these age gaps. My boyfriend left me so I will be raising this child alone. My other two are with their well-off father who inherited a lot of moneyn

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just come right out and tell them

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • dman63
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just tell them.  They’re adults, and how they react is their own choice. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well what do you expect? It comes out the same way it went in if you can’t be bothered to use protection. We don’t really care 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.