Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

If atheism is the truth why are less than 10% of humanity atheists?

• Marvin
    Favorite Answer

And were did you get that statistic?  I studied theology and world religion at my University. I graduated back in 1993.  The number was more like about 40% in the USA at the time. There are far more "atheists" as you call them, today.

I would venture to say you know noting at all about religion, do you? Well you think you do anyway. Did you know that there are over 3000 district religions in the world, and far more if you include the individual sects?

Odds are you only know about the three Abrahamic religions, and maybe about a few Dharmic religions, and that is about it. Odds are you have no idea what a Taoism or Jainism are.  Just to let you know they are religion without gods.  Most Dharmic religions do not define a god, and have no specific god, and some followers are in fact atheists.  Many Shamanistic religions have no gods.

Maybe you should study up before you type rhetorical questions?  

I'll bet anything you are a Christian.  Your type make up less than 30% of the world population, but over 50% of the arrogance. I bet you did not know that Christianity as you know it is really only about 600 years old, and is a "young puppy" compared to many religions that date back thousands of years. I bet you did not know that almost every last story in your old testament existed thousands of years before it was ever thought up.  Where do you think they got their source material?  I bet you did not know that the alleged Gospel writers (in the New Testament) did not have names when the books were first complied.  The names "Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John" were cooked up in the 14th century.

I am not even a Christian but I have read your bible twice.  How many times have you read it?  Oh, you have not?  

I am not picking on you. I am enlightening you.

Because evolution has led humans to have a genetic tendency to believe things that aren't true but increase their changes of survival and reproduction.

You are waayyy off dude. 

• Petter

Because less than 1% are religious. See how this works?

I hope this is not your argument for the existence of a deity. It would work the same for proving the existence of fairies and leprechauns. 

That's not an accurate percentage.