Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

Cant find a publisher that sells all Agatha Christie vintage books?

Pan publishing doesnt appear to sell Murder on the Orient Express but Fontana does and id like to start a vintage Agatha Christie collection. Could anyone please help?

For clarification: Id like to purchase old Agatha Christie books by only one publisher e.g Pan or Fontana, but one publisher doesn't appear to sell all of the Agatha Christie books so Im wondering if there are any publishers that sold all of the books 

You're not going to buy a VINTAGE book from a current publisher. Current publishers sell modern editions of previously-published books.

You can find VINTAGE Christie books on eBay, Amazon, ABE books, local used book stores, local estate sales...

Still not clear what you mean by 'a vintage Agatha Christie collection', and why it matters that Pan don't publish 'Murder on the Orient Express' while Fontana do. I mean, if Fontana can sell you one, where's the problem?

Do you just mean you want to collect all of AC's books? Or do you only want first editions? Or must they all be from the same publishing house? Or only hardback, or paperback, or ... WHAT, exactly?

I have a lot of AC paperbacks myself but I don't know or care who published them. I've just picked them up over 40 or so years at second-hand shops and library sales.

• bluebellbkk
      1 month agoReport

... fun as slowly gathering them over time from second hand shops and so on. Of course we all have our preferences, but I don't care at all about the outer book as long as the story is legible.

• Marli

Besides the second hand book stores and the thrift stores that get donations of anything people get rid of, you could check www.abebooks.com and www.betterworldbooks.com.

Simply write to every, single publisher in the world and ask them if they sell vintage Agatha Christie books "from like the 1960s/1970s or earlier" because you want to "start a vintage Agatha Christie collection". Go on. Be a sport..........

I'm not sure I understand what you're seeking. If you want vintage, then you want books published long ago. Present-day publishers only sell new books and very recent books stored in warehouses, in some cases.

Are you perhaps seeking newly printed books that look like the vintage books, with leather or cloth covers and such, like old books so often had?

• spam1 month agoReport

Hey, thanks for your response. What I mean is books from like the 1960s/1970s or earlier like 
      https://www.google.com/search?q=pan+agatha+christie+books&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqtPz69uXpAhVgThUIHQWXCEEQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1440&bih=821#imgrc=N8oLPCZCEOALVM

• Tina

If you want them with the original covers then second hand bookstores are the place to look.