Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Can I sue my landlord over the lady bug invasion?

We've got lady bugs all over the walls and floors and swarming too.  I got bit by one earlier and had a horrible allergic reaction.  I'm absolutely disgusted by them and the landlord is not responding to my messages.  I am considering legal action.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • hello
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

A landlord has an obligation to keep a place inhabitable including pest infestations. Read your state’s landlord and tenant act and then do that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Never heard of a bite by a ladybug before

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure you can sue.  Whether you can win is another question.

• 1 month ago

Just spray for them yourself.  You may have to re-spray several times.  The one time I had this at a house they were living the the crawl space coming up into the laundry room.  I sprayed the laundry room 10 times, and they did die but then more would come up. When I finally sprayed the crawl space, the problem went away permanently.  Not saying you'll have the same problem, but if you find where they are coming from (probably not just outside the window, though that is possible) and spray there that would likely solve the problem.

As someone else mentioned, these are not lady bugs but an invasive species on beetle from Asia (though they look just like lady bugs), not that this will likely help you at all - but their behavior is very different from lady bugs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The landlord has no control over environmental problems like ladybug invasions. It's not his/her responsibility. You need to find ways to control the ladybugs yourself. You don't have any legal case against this--so don't bother trying to sue.  Here's some information about what to do about them:  https://www.orkin.com/other/beetles/ladybugs-asian...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure you can sue, but you won't win.

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can if you live in Trollville

• 1 month ago

Lady bugs are friendly bugs, good bugs, and they don't bite.  They eat the bad bugs so, a landlord would welcome them.  Without them, you will have ants or white flies or spider mites, which are far worse than lady bugs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You might have to go mollywop that btich 

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

lady bugs don't bite,  they find places to winter over and then just go outside,   you have no legal recourse

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.