If you were gay or a lesbian, Would you sacrifice being single the rest of your life to make it to heaven? HONEST ANSWERS?

Only the mentally challenged or deliberately delusional believe in those old fairy tales.

• GB

I stopped believing in any sort of after-life before  I became interested in romance, so I don't think my sexuality would have made any difference.  If I was gay or lesbian and  chose to stay single, it would most likely to be because I was living in an intolerant society.

Here is a little uncomfortable truth.

Around 500 years ago someone when translating the Bible to English,  they amended some verses.   One of these altered verses were those often quoted anti gay Leviticus verses.    What use to say, don't lay with a man as you do a women, (not a verbatim quote) use to say don't lay with a boy as you do a women. 

And when you look at it in that like the Bible makes more sense because that then puts in place a verses about pedophilia.   You see your Bible in fact does not say don't screw little boys.     

You believe what you like and leave me to deal with my God when the time comes.

That isn't the situation.  Some people are fine without having sexual partners or relationships, others aren't, so it isn't necessarily even a sacrifice for everyone, but leaving that aside, if you believe in the kind of God who would condemn people for being actively homosexual, that is not the Christian God as shown to us through Jesus, so the question arises of what this religion is that posits that those are the alternatives?  Islam maybe?  I can't comment as I'm not a Muslim by the usual definition of the term.

A compassionate God would never force you to make that choice.

• Sky

I have the rational sense to know there's no such thing as "heaven", at least not in the context or description of any religion, because there is no evidence to support the claims of a "heaven" as any religion describes it.  We don't even know if there's an afterlife, a continued existence to our consciousness after we die.  There may yet be an afterlife of some sort, and there's no reason to think a person's sexual orientation is going to keep them out of it.  So no, if I was homosexual I would not be single the rest of my life just to satisfy a fictional condition of a fictional place to placate a fictional deity.  I would find a mate of the same sex who I could be in love with and make the most of our life and our time together, because this is the one and only chance at existence we know for a fact that we have.

First, you need to do a deep drive into religion.  Heaven, hell, and the thousands of alternate religions in the world.  Base you opinions and decisions on Knowledge, not fear.

• Emma

Your question assumes living an lgbt life is sin, as a christian including my denomination does NOT share your opinion of lgbt and sin.

no, I would not am gay anyway am looking 4 a b/f once ur dead u don't know where u will go so ur gonna miss out in meeting a nice man have a wonderful life cos you wait to go up2 heaven don't think so did that help 

everyone is a sinner according to the bible

just make it up in some other way and maybe your sins will be less than your virtues