Will a woman experiencing hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, can manage sex and conceive? ?

I have a women friend, at her 30s that is experiencing mild symptoms of hyperthyroidism/hypothyroidism (not sure which one). She is now on medication. My question is:

1. Will she be able to conceive?

2. Will she be able to get an orgasm?

3. Will she be able to have a kid?

• LizB

1. Maybe, though thyroid function does affect reproductive hormones, and it's important for her thyroid levels to be fairly stable. Ideal range for TSH for women who are TTC is between 1.0-2.0 mIU/L. If you go by lab range references, "normal" for an adult females of reproductive age is 0.5–4.1 mIU/L. However for fertility, the ideal range is much narrower.

2. Orgasm has more to do with how communicative and considerate her partner is in bed than anything else. Orgasm is also not necessary for conception. It probably helps, but it's not crucial.

3. No one here can answer that unless they are a reproductive endocrinologist and have your friend's full medical history. Anything else is just a guess based on very limited information.

Of course we can conceive and orgasm and able to have kids. I have hypothyroidism as does my mum and my sister and it didn't prevent us from conceiving etc

Yes, she can do all those things.  Her condition is being treated which will bring her thyroid hormones to the right level and, basically the same as every other woman. Hormones produced by the thyroid gland are not sex hormones.