Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If an a coworker texts & asks how you are & you say “thanks for the text, I’m not great but ok” do you thank them again when you see them?

You went home sick from work with a bad migraine  (nausea, vertigo, etc..)and they text the next day..

Or no as you’ve already thanked them..

Do not want to be awkward..

You’ll see them at work..

No idea what you mean bluebell, but that reply is  cruel and nasty.

I have not asked this before or any other work health question,  if some other person has asked it, that is not my issue..

You are reported.

wow when I joined here (only recently) I had no idea how much hate and nastiness could come from some users.

You should be ashamed of targetting a person like this.

Hope you are proud..

So much abuse here.. wow

• Edna

If you've answered a text from a co-worker who inquired about your health and  in your answer you thanked him for asking & said  you're not great but you're OK, it's unnecessary to thank him again when next you see him. You've already thanked him. 

So will you maybe wait a little longer next time before posting about your cruel uncaring co-workers who didn't care if you lived or died?

And I thought you said it wasn't a migraine. You were pretty snippy with someone who suggested it might be.

Meanwhile, it won't hurt just to smile when you see her and say, 'Nice of you to text me, thanks' and get on with your work.

• Dv8s

Do what you feel in your heart.  They did what was in their heart and you, expressing your gratitude in person, is a good vibe for both of you.

you dont have to if you already did

What a nice co worker! I'd thank them when I saw them.

• Jerry

You don't HAVE to thank them again, but it will probably make them feel good about you and themselves if you do that. People like doing nice things for people who show appreciation. 

It's not necessary.

You don't thank someone for a text. It is just a conversation you had. If they offered to help you out in some way like get your groceries for you or pick up a prescription or some meds to help you out, then next day you could thank them for their kindness, but as far as texting, consider it the same as talking face to face. You would thank that person once and then let it go.

It’s fine to acknowledge their concern again 

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

You don't want to over-do your thanking.