Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 4 weeks ago

someone punched me in the jaw and my bottom teeth still hurt a day later. Should I be concerned? When should I seek medical attention?

Is there anything a dentist can do for it?

2 Answers

  • Sathi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    I'd only go if the pain persisted for several days. If you got punched, your teeth SHOULD hurt. Tylenol and/or ibuprofen should help. The emergency room is also an option if you want to seek medical treatment without an appointment. I work in a hospital and we see all kinds of aches and pains, major and minor, coming through the E.R. door.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    Are you teeth loose or do they hurt?  Do they hurt all the time or only when your chew? Is your jaw bruised?  Did your gums bleed when you were hit?

    Feel free to call your dentist and talk to them. They can decide whether or not you should be seen right away or if you should wait and see if things improve.

    • Samantha
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

      No loose teeth, hurt jaw, tiny bit of blood, it hurts a bit, but it’s starting to go away a day later 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.