I'm a failed bass player what can I do ?

I was a bass player for 12 years, but I always had a basic level, I could never progress, I had 4 teachers and I did not progress,  I practiced a lot and nothing worked, what can I do ?

Me personally, I would never give up ! Especially if that is what you desire ! I would not let it get to me, and become frustrated, nor worry about it ! Age has nothing to do with it, I'm 71 yrs old, and it took me 44 yrs to play guitar to where I am today, and I finally got to where I am comfortable ! I didn't hurry nor let it worry me ! What I eventually did learn is to listen to the music , each note at a time, until I could see in my mind what notes they were playin' , this helped me a lot ! But the bottom line is, never give up , If this is what you want !

Maybe try the viola? 

did you tell your teachers you're a man 36 years old? maybe that's why you failed-

• sam

My best guess is that your practicing techniques are not helping you. Rather than trying to play the whole piece over and over, focus on the areas you typically make mistakes. Repeat those again and again until they’re perfect. 

Do something else. What do others say you are good at?

You can move to another state, change your name, find a new job, and start taking dance lessons.

Ok you can be normal get a normal job live the normal life, you can try to be successful at a different thing you like, or maybe u can live a life of meditation and self touch? 

Is success and the sacrifice and the POSSIBLE unlikely rewards it gets better than being orgasmic and happy all day? 

Is a normal life better than orgasm all day and happy all day is anything in life really much better than that logically speaking? 

Source(s): Can you come back with something to counter me? Its gonna be hard to counter this

You forgot to mention that you're "a man 36 years old".