Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 2 months ago

Is European white ? ?

I’ve been told that I am white, since I’m 100% european but my skin looks olive . Please help!

Good question. My grandmother was from Naples Italy. This is how Ellis Island categorized her. 

Nationality: Italian

Race: Caucasian

Color: brown

Ethnicity: southern Italian.

To your question. Many south Europeans are dark skinned. Like my grandmother. A DNA test reveals nothing outside of Europe in me. Except 3%  middle east and/or north African.

You are white. As the term is usually used.

Europeans are Caucasians.  White is a color and not the correct scientific term.

Source(s): Degrees in Anthropology,and History

you are white.. you are just tanned like many white people are.  Don't try and ride the blm thing just because you have a suntan..its damn embarrassing.

• Maxi

You must be American! They seem to be the only ones in the world who is clueless about geography , totally ignorant about 'race' and skin shade as if it makes any difference at all..........

In the dim and distant past 'Europe' was made up of people who lived there who were 'white'........ same as the continent of Africa was made up of people who were 'black'.....for centuries people of all skin shades have moved and  lived across the various continents........lots of  born and bred 'Europeans' have black or asian ancestry, they are still 'European' and citizens of the country they live in and very likely their parents, grandparents and great grandparents were also born/bred in the country...

• Ludwig

No.   People like the French and the Italians and Greeks are European, however they are not 'white'.

Skin color and ethnicity don't always correlate. For instance, if someone whose genetics are mostly African is born albino, it makes their skin white, but they are still ethnically African. Skin color is just a 'phenotype' of a certain race, and not everybody fits it. You wouldn't say you're not white because you don't have a 'european nose' or any other small feature. Just look at your family history if you wanna know your ethnicity. 

Do a test. No one is a 100 percent of anything

Not for many years.

"I’m 100% european but my skin looks olive"

you do realize greece is in europe, right?

Nobody is 100% any ethnic group.