Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 2 months ago

Why are caucasians described as 'white' ? They are not white; they're beige. I don't recall seeing someone 'white' ... ever.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Come up to the Pacific Northwest, plenty of whites up here. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pathetic people so desperately want to strip that "White" label away, because they know how much power it holds. Focus on black people, when even high yellow people are called black. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why are people of Celtic, Germanic and Slavic descent described as "Caucasian"? 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

True. The only white people are albinos. And there are hundreds of other skin shades.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I do see white people. They are albino Africans. Europeans are not albinos. Albinos lack the dark pigment eumelanin totally because a gene mutation disables the production of eumelanin by skin cells. Europeans have reduced amounts of eumelanin in their skin, so they are not quite white, even if their skin tone is lighter than Africans. North Asians also have light skin tones.  Europeans do have some phaeomelanin in their skin and that makes their skin look yellowish to pinkish. Phaeomelanin is yellow to red in color. Blonde hair for example, has phaeomelanin on the hair shaft and red hair has lots of phaeomelanin. Black hair OTOH has lots of eumelanin.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Back then they only used the basic colors . Black, brown, red, yellow, green, blue orange, purple and white . No hunter green, or barn red etc . 

• 2 months ago

They're caucasian.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am Norwegian.  I am white.  With freckles.  Your are thinking about "fake whites" like Italians, and Jews and Armenians and Greeks and so forth.  Basically if you have brown eyes, your ancestors mated with blacks.  Real whites have green or blue eyes and under their tan line, when they take off their swimming trunks their a s s  is pale white. 

• TB12
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Never seen Edgar Winter I guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.